I don't remember how I defined my width.

wolfkin

I'm trying to recreate my current design in wordpress but I'm making errors with my CSS. I can't remember how I created my content width. I like the way the #padding area is centered but I can't remember how I did it.

http://gloriouschurch.ca/index.php

the only thing i see is an old wrapper id that's at 900px but that isn't even used. if someone could take a look at it I'd be extremely grateful.

The page seems to center in the window in my resolution 1024*768 but there is an enormous horizontal scroll which I got rid of by editing here:-

/* child menu */

#menu li ul {

position: absolute;

width: 10em;

top: -999em;

/*right: -999em;*/

}

Is that what the problem was?

Edited by Wickham

naa. .the horizontal scroll is left over from my attempts to flip my menu from the left side to the right side. I didn't even notice it until a few weeks ago. I'm changing it from a vertical menu to a horizontal one. I'm just trying to remember how i created the middle section. It appears to be about 80% of screen width .. but I don't see where I set that.

Edited by wolfkin

In your body tag

body {

height:100%;

font:62.5%/1.4 Georgia,Arial,Tahoma,Geneva,Helvetica,sans-serif;

background:#3888BC url(../images/gc-gradient.png) 0 0 repeat-x;

color:#333333;

padding-top: 0px;

padding-bottom: 10px;

padding-left: 5%;

padding-right: 5%

}

The padding-left is offsetting the content from the left, also the wrap div is not in your html code.

padding... there it is. oh man thank you.

yeah i realize the wrap div isn't even there anymore but that has been bugging me for the last few days. That is awesome. I think I even like that method better than the one I'm doing to recreate it. You have my eternal gratitude. Now I can finally make some progress.