end sidebar so main content fills in IE

Sea Dragon

I have set my services page css with no left margin for the main content so that it would then fill the entire area when the left sidebar ended. Used a DW basic left sidebar header and footer template that had a comment about it in the css template.

Looks good in Fire Fox but in IE7 it still keeps all main content to the right. I have tried a few things but to no avail. Here is a link to the page and to the css- http://www.'>http://www. stephenwesleyagency. com/client_preview_area/Kings Hand Car Wash/services.html

http://www. stephenwesleyagency. com/client_preview_area/Kings Hand Car Wash/twoColFixLtHdr_services.css

Thanks for any help avail

Edited by Sea Dragon

I am trying to find the .dwt file to modify the template. The hasLayout comment is 'greyed out' and on the html page not the css. Sorry for the wrong category. I am finding so much info on this, I'm almost afraid to do anything. Going to save what I have and mess around with a copy but if anyone has a couple of instructions for this DW CS3 template, that'd be great. Hoping to apply this to the gallery page as well. Thx! (But not to the index or contact pages!)

This is what you want right? Just use this...

{ visibility: inherit; } Style: Practical
<br />/* -------------------- Resets --------------------- */<br />* {<br />    margin:0;<br />    padding:0;<br />}<br />/* --------------- Document Defaults -------------- */<br />html {<br />    font-size: 100.01%;<br />    height: 100%;<br />}<br />body {<br />    height: 100%;<br />    font: 62.5%/1.5 Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, 'MS Sans Serif', sans-serif;<br />    background-color: #CCC;<br />    color: #333;<br />}<br />/* ------------------ Typography ------------------- */<br />h1 {<br />    font-size: 2.4em;<br />    text-align: center;<br />    padding: 38px 0 0;<br />}<br />h2 {<br />    font-size: 2em;<br />    text-align: center;<br />    margin: 95px 0 0;<br />}<br />h3 {<br />    font-size: 2em;<br />    text-align: center;<br />    margin: 17px 0 0;<br />}<br />p {<br />    font-size: 1.2em;<br />    margin: 0 0 1em; <br />}<br />/* -------------------- Layout --------------------- */<br />* html #wrapper {<br />    height: 100%;<br />}<br />#wrapper {<br />    min-height: 100%;<br />    position:relative;<br />    margin: 0 auto;<br />    width: 765px;<br />    border-left: #000 solid 1px;<br />    border-right: #000 solid 1px;<br />}<br />#header {<br />    height: 120px;<br />    background: #666;<br />    border-bottom: #000 solid 1px;<br />}<br />#content {<br />    padding: 20px;<br />}<br />#left {<br />     float: left;<br />    width: 200px;<br />    margin-right: 20px;<br />    display:inline;<br />    height: 250px;<br />    background: #999;<br />    border-right: #000 solid 1px;<br />    border-bottom: #000 solid 1px;<br />}<br />#clearfooter {<br />    height: 70px;<br />    clear: both;<br />}<br />#footer {<br />    position: absolute;<br />    bottom: 0;<br />    left: 0;<br />    width: 100%;<br />    height: 70px;<br />    background: #666;<br />    border-top: #000 solid 1px;<br />}<br />

Header

Left

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Quisque tempor. Nam in libero vel nisi accumsan euismod. Quisque quis neque. Donec condimentum, enim convallis vestibulum varius, quam mi accumsan diam, sollicitudin ultricies odio ante vitae purus. Etiam ultricies quam. Vestibulum turpis turpis, fermentum ut, accumsan quis, tempor at, ipsum. Nam felis elit, sollicitudin id, ultrices faucibus, fringilla vel, dui. Aliquam tincidunt iaculis eros. Sed in lorem. Nullam eu enim. Quisque tristique pretium diam. Fusce tempor sollicitudin ligula. Donec purus eros, mattis quis, mattis vestibulum, congue quis, felis. Nulla facilisi. Nam ultricies posuere justo. In feugiat.

Ut lacus neque, interdum in, nonummy ac, placerat a, lorem. In interdum vulputate lectus. Aenean libero elit, eleifend id, tincidunt id, tristique eu, tortor. Pellentesque urna dolor, placerat a, pharetra eget, congue ut, ligula. Sed mi. Nunc volutpat. Donec pharetra accumsan lacus. Integer pede orci, vehicula vitae, porttitor id, pulvinar vel, nisi. Aliquam mauris ligula, eleifend sit amet, eleifend sit amet, luctus at, turpis. Sed neque orci, tincidunt id, tempus condimentum, eleifend a, nisl. Etiam auctor. Donec lectus lacus, consequat ac, ultrices venenatis, imperdiet vel, erat. In porttitor augue at tellus commodo pharetra.

Ut lacus neque, interdum in, nonummy ac, placerat a, lorem. In interdum vulputate lectus. Aenean libero elit, eleifend id, tincidunt id, tristique eu, tortor. Pellentesque urna dolor, placerat a, pharetra eget, congue ut, ligula. Sed mi. Nunc volutpat. Donec pharetra accumsan lacus. Integer pede orci, vehicula vitae, porttitor id, pulvinar vel, nisi. Aliquam mauris ligula, eleifend sit amet, eleifend sit amet, luctus at, turpis. Sed neque orci, tincidunt id, tempus condimentum, eleifend a, nisl. Etiam auctor. Donec lectus lacus, consequat ac, ultrices venenatis, imperdiet vel, erat. In porttitor augue at tellus commodo pharetra.

Footer

No, I just want to edit an area that is un-editable (grayed out) in my DW template header code. I have already modified the css - with my colors, fonts, styles, etc. as well as added much content to the page but now want to change/remove that comment in the header code that contains the hasLayOut you referred to; in hopes that it fixes my initial problem - the main content filling in under the end of the left sidebar content in IE.

Sometimes once the problem is fixed....well...dee dah dee :/

The second problem with the un-editable region is teh one I am referring to above. It was fixed doing this - (found at ehow). I already the page with my own content.

Open the page.

Click File, Save as Template, locate the site the template will be saved in and name the template. My version (DW CS3) asked if I want to update links. I said yes. Then in code view I was able to change/erase the gray text (it was still gray). I removed the issue.

This fixed the initial problem - getting the main content to fill the page when the sidebar content ended. THANK YOU ERIC! for pointing me in the right direction to the hasLayOut comment for IE.