What Is Responsive Websites?

Vivek

As far as I am concerned it is just another silly Buzz-word for putting on resumés.

It is just intelligent common sense web design where the designer takes into consideration the myriad of user agents from screen readers to mobile units and the fact that many of the users have some form of impairment which is accessibility.

hey i would like to prefer wordpress technology for responsive i have done many responsive design using wordpress.

Responsive design is an approach to web page creation that makes use of flexible layouts, flexible images and cascading style sheet media queries.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Responsive websites are the ones that are compatible with all devices especially mobile phones. It has become very important that the websites are made responsive as it is now an algorithm of google if you seek to acquire a better rank on search engine result page. It holds more importance in case of e commerce websites as 50% of e commerce dealing is done through mobile phones. Even if it is not an online store, it leaves a very bad impression if the website is not mobile friendly as most of the people nowadays surf net through mobile phones. I would suggest the bootstrap framework for the same as it is very popular, user friendly and has advanced features as compared to other ones. 

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Responsive Web design is the approach that suggests that design and development should respond to the user's based on screen size, platform and orientation. The practice consists of a mix of flexible grids and layouts, images and an intelligent use of CSS media queries website will look great and work well on a desktop a tablet, and a mobile phone's browser

• Like 1