Partially transparent BG

rsrwebs

Hi there,

I have two iFrames and a table that I want to have black backgrounds that are 50% transparent. I've tried a few things now, I first started out with a partially transparent PNG, but the PNG wasn't working in IE. So then I tried to find a way to make the PNG work properly in both FF and IE. I tried some sort of pre-made behavior code or something for PNG that had a transparent GIF and an .htc file that you had to install along with a string of code. That didn't work and I was extremely intimidated by the code in the .htc file, so I ditched that idea.

Next I found a CSS override, but this COMPLETELY overrides any backgound setting that I try to put in and instead makes it completely transparent. The good news, I got transparency to work in IE, bad news I don't have that 50% transparent black BG that I wanted.

So then I remembered that there was a CSS myspace layout generator that could make the BGs of the tables transparent. I found which string of code that did that, and I got the BG to do what I wanted it to! However, everything else inside the iframes and the table cells wound up being transparent as well and I tried adding code to override that, but nothing worked. (The transparency makes the images really hard to see, so that was what I was worried about.)

So, is there a CSS code that I can make that will do what I want only to the background? Maybe like some sort of filter, I dunno...

I really appreciate any help given. :)

-Raven