Where Is A Good Place To Find Real Work Exp?

BadMango

So all I can do right now is take a PSD slice and turn it to HTML & CSS. My cousin gave me an idea to go on freelancer sites and bid 1 dollar for jobs and posting a clear disclaimer. What do you think about that? Or is there a place I could possible do volunteer work? I would like to start getting some work experience. What would be the best way to go about this?

Turning a PSD into html ans css is a vey good start. But be careful there are a lot of things like drop shadows, rounded corners that you can do with css now that you do not need Photoshop for. Any time you can use CSS to get the effect that you made in PS the faster your page will load. With that said, you can try chuches. If they do not have a web site talk to them and tell are just starting out and will build them a site for free. Make sure you pick a web host that lets you have unlimited sub domains. This way you can also tell them that you will host them for free also. Buy their domain for them for the first year also. Go to Goggle and do a search for godaddy cupons. You will find that you can get the first year dirt cheep. This a start.

For more practice I would suggest that you surf the web and find web sites that you like and try to copy them, this is a good way to learn.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...