Search Engine Optimization

Zetar060115

• 1 month later...

Search engine spiders regularly crawl the web to rebuild our index. Crawls are based on many factors such as PageRank, links to a page, and crawling constraints such as the number of parameters in a URL. Any number of factors can affect the crawl frequency of individual sites.

• 4 months later...

I have found that Google updates their index really, really fast these days. What used to take months to come out, now happens in hours! I've seen blog posts I've made on KillerSites.com appear within an hour on Google.

... It's pretty amazing to see.

:blink:

About Google's Hummingbird update to their search engine - from the London Telegraph:

Although Google has not given away many details, it said that Hummingbird is focused on ranking information based on a more intelligent understanding of search requests. As Internet data volumes explode we increasingly have to type more and more words into Google Search to gain greater accuracy of results. Often we need to conduct multiple searches to find the information we are looking for, which is frustrating and time consuming.

This is because the Search results we currently receive reflect the matching combination of key words that a search phrase contains, rather than the true meaning of the sentence itself. Search results produced by Hummingbird will reflect the full semantic meaning of longer search phrases, and should in theory produce more accurate results.

For example Hummingbird will more greatly consider question words like “how” “why”, “where” and “when” in search phrases, in addition to content keywords. Hence Hummingbird moves the emphasis of search from “results” to “answers”.

Google also has acknowledged that the number of mobile and voice-based searches is increasing. Such voice searches are in natural language, and may not therefore contain the keywords we might finesse on a computer keyboard. These ‘on the fly’ searches are likely to return poor results using a keyword search system.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard about new update called "Hummingbird". Does anyone know how it works? What is the target of this update?

Here you will find all information about Hummingbird...

searchengineland[dot]com/google-hummingbird-172816

For more news in SEO keep following searchengineland and moz.com.