Online Personal Organizer - WIP

AlexGrim

Hey guys, i'm more of a developer than a designer, but i think that i did ok on this last one, and was looking for some feedback. The site is obviously never finished, but i would like to move on to my next project, only, i'm not sure what other people would think of it:

http://einform ationorga nizer.com/ [remove spaces]

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

It is a quiet time in forum as you noticed( I think most of the people just outside with no internets around), so have a patience. I did look through your page.

What kind of feeback you look for?

Code, design, usability, all of it?

I start with layout: it seems quite unbalanced. I mean it looks like header and footer are coordinated more or less with each other but navigation and content part are not fitted. Google ads are not adding much to design as well.

May be if you consider using a grid to connect all layout elements of the layout, it will help.

It is rather my personal point of view.

Hopefully others will give you a feedback soon.

I'm not sure what you mean with the grid. I do agree that the google ads kind of get in the way, but i cannot think of a better way to place them. I am more worried about usability, then design, then the rest, in that order.

Thanx for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

About grid - in the article ( see link ) grid is explaned as a method to balance elements of the layout and to keep visitor focused on main content.

It is now clear what your priorities are.

I only can say as you have mighty competitors ( such as Google), making nifty layout would only help you.

Edited by lm

I do not see a link anywhere in your previous post, but now that you expanded upon what you said, i realize that i am already aware of what your are speaking of. I had read about grid layouts in a design book, but it did me little good :D

Thanx for the time

The videos show all there is to know. There is nothing in the website that is not in the videos on each feature's front page.

Also, @Im: Grid layouts will not work for a site that is as simple as this one. There just isn't enough content to need anything like that.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys, the site has been completely redesigned *again*. The excessive icons are gone (some are still used, but much less often); the ads have been rearranged in a way that is much less cumbersome and confusing; the design itself if *much* cleaner and more professional. Let me know what you think.

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...

It is a much more settled layout indeed.

Only something about the footer - it is a bit of confusion there ( design-wise and content-wise)- big logo of what? your company, or - if not, better add some slogan of what you use it for. It not exactly fits into your color set as well.

Also, I'd move boomarking bar somewhere else as well ( not sure where yet).

Edited by lm