Noticed the change?

LSW

Anyone else notice the change in the forum?

Since the forum change it seems to me that our new members have really shifted focus. Beginners, HTML and CSS were the busy boards, things I helped allot with...

Now I am mostly checking for spam, JavaScript and PHP are the busy boards, much fewer beginners, html and css questions are posted. JS and PHP are not my strengths so I am relegated to spam control.

I was wondering if any of you noticed the switch, I think it did start before the new forum, but the changer was highlighted with a new forum and lower posting numbers.

Either web development has switched to more dynamic ways among newbies (we know it has professionally) or Stef's video projects have really covered the basics we used to do in the forum.

Since the forum change it seems to me that our new members have really shifted focus. Beginners, HTML and CSS were the busy boards, things I helped allot with...

Now I am mostly checking for spam, JavaScript and PHP are the busy boards, much fewer beginners, html and css questions are posted.

It's because you trained the beginners so well that they're all advanced now :D

I think because Stefan promote new stuff more than that of few years ago, we get more visitors interested in it.

Also indeed we got a few extra "new" and now bacame already old and active members to answer all beginners questions.

I think the traffic is less now, but that's not always a bad thing.

I sometimes look at another forum and answer one or two questions. When I look a few hours later or the next morning I can't recognise the title or member of questions I answered to see if the person has got errors corrected because there are twenty or thirty more topics. Eventually I find the questions on the second page.

A really busy forum tends to get questions answered in a hurry by experts or novices because there are so many to answer, and often the answers are not tested so they don't work.

Here we have a chance to deal properly with answers and other people have time to check what we say or offer alternatives, or just chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we have a chance to deal properly with answers and other people have time to check what we say or offer alternatives, or just chat.

I must admit I like that , you can get different ways to to do things and get ideas of new thing to try on your site.

Mind you, I have a big advantage, no clients, no pressure just the pure pleasure of learning. :D