What To Do

Queuedium

A cookie is just one or more pieces of information stored as text strings on your machine. A Web server sends you a cookie and the browser stores it. The browser then returns the cookie to the server the next time the page is referenced.

The most common use of a cookie is to store a user ID.

Many websites will not let you access them if you refuse their cookies. The choice to accept or not is always yours.

If you are concerned about being tracked just use a program like ccleaner and remove all cookies after you close your browser.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If I don't want to accept that cookies, then what happens? Means I don't want to store cookies to my pc, then what should I do to remove it?

To answer your first one, some services on a site won't be available, like you won't be able to login for example (that's probably the biggest one), minor features of a site shouldn't be a problem but that's a big one being able to login for some sites, or purchasing items they usually (least in my experience in ecommerce web development) won't allow you to add things to a basket. Though having said that some do use a database structure and save the contents of your basket to their server (but you must have loads of data free to be able to do that if you're running a shop with allot of customers).

To remove it would be determined by what browser you're using, clearing out the cookies simply would work.

Just a heads up on security I have seen time and time again on the web (this isn't meant to be a horrible comment and I've had very little sleep), though storing a userid in a cookie is a pretty bad idea if say you're using a cms like wordpress (if you aren't then it's not as bad but still you'd be best off not storing that kind of info in a cookie) because hackers (if you have say wp_ at the start of every table name) would be able to try and at least hack into your database and gain user login information a really bad thing if you're running any kind of site dealing with users details.