Changes to existing PHP database

ecorrado

I have a PHP website that is hooked up to a database. I had this done a few years ago. I Have not used it in a few years but I want to use it again.

I paid a small fortune to get this up and running and I cannot afford to spend any money on it anymore.

My question is this, I have a bit of web site developement skills but no php skills. I have to change links, Link up fields with the database. all I believe minor items.

What is the best way of going about this. Is there a Killersite for PHP and database?

Any suggestions you can give me?

Most of the changes would have to do with linking up the fields to the database. Some of them are not linked anymore.

Also I would need to change webpage links as well. So nothing major but I am not sure how to do this offline.

Do I copy the database & all the php files to a folder on my computer. Do I run it from the web server?

All the tutorials I have tried deal with the web programming nothing with a database.

If there are php files, you would need a local Web Server, like Wamp or XAMPP set up on your local machine.

Both of those also add a Mysql server. It allows you to work locally as if the files are uploaded, so you can write and check your code without the upload requirement.

Saves the Server some work as well, in case the code fixes go into loops, etc.