Background

harryd

Thanks Thelma.

The image is only 3$ with clouds and green on the bottom and I think it would look great on my real estate site that I am working on. Any tips on how to optimize it? I could use a sky gradient color but I don't know how to use the photoshop yet.

I just signed up for a class :)

HD

3000?2543 jpg is a very large file size for a background. Especially for Dial-up users.

Jpg 's can be reduced in size physically and also reduced by 'optimise for Web' which will reduce the quality a little, but barely noticable. Can you use only a small slice and repeat the background?

Could I send you the file.
Theoretically you could - but optimizing an image is a pretty basic webdesign skill and it would be in your own best interested to learn how to do it. You can probably even use your email program to optimize the image.

Thanks jlhaslip,

You helped me a lot. I checked on bigger screen and had hope that I found a solution. I'll let u know after testing.

http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/help/ftopic4503.html

http://www.cssplay.co.uk/layouts/background.html

With kind words from Thelma :/ I did a better research. I hope you don't work in customer service :)

Thanks again to all

With kind words from Thelma :/ I did a better research. I hope you don't work in customer service :)
No, I don't - but since the goal here generally is to teach people to catch fish, not to cook for them, it appears that my 'service' has helped you achieve that objective.