Jump to content
Killersites Forums

Sorting HTML Table by alphabet<A-Z)?


Guest Srinivas

Recommended Posts

JavaScript is supported on most browsers today so it's safe to assume at least 90% of your visitors can use this feature. The other 10% will have to live without a sorted table I guess.

 

Not if it is sorted within the SQL query and not with JavaScript.

 

As for browser support... yes if all you look at is Browsers on computers then that is a correct assumption. If you consider the number of people using alternative user agents on alternative hardware like assitive technologies for the disabled, came consoles, game pads, cell phones etc. etc. then it is a very dangerous assumption and it is more like 10% that do support it.

 

Why do something in a language not as widely supported as you think and that can be turned off if you can do it server side so it is send alphabetized already?

Link to post
Share on other sites

You're right LSW, but I'm just answering his question, instead of suggesting him another way to do it. Maybe he wants to do it using Javascript, it's not mine or your decision to make. Maybe he's trying to implement this on a closed protected area that only certain people can access, which all use Javascript supported browsers. Maybe he's not designing his website to be accessed by Mobile phones or Games consoles. :P

Edited by BeeDev
Link to post
Share on other sites

Or maybe it is not being thought of... so I am arguing better ways of doing things so they can make an informed decision. No it is there decision, but they need as much info to make a good decision as possile.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...