anyone using DW CS4 yet?

shelfimage

I use Aptana exclusively now in my personal business, because working on the markup and code itself is where I am comfortable. Aptana supports several Javascript frameworks, including jQuery out-of-the-box, and will support PHP with an easily installable plugin.

Dreamweaver CS3 at work, and I can honestly say i don't use any of its unique features. I modify text in Design View, but I have all CSS turned off too, so its pretty basic.

I want my tools to get out of the way while I write my code, not try and write it for me :)

The whole suite is absolutely fabulous. I'm really impressed with Illustrator and Photoshop.

[thread.jack]

Have you ever used adobe's color pallet site? kuler.adobe on it's own is kinda...meh. Flash based so it's kinda bulky and getting the swatch pallets a pain. CS4 has a light weight built in that just rocks!

Type keywords into the search box and it works just like the site does, it retrieves custom color pallets within your parameters. Now a click over the folder adds that pallet to your swatches. Awesome.

[/thread.jack]

Thanks for the replies.

@lwsimon ME TOO!!!

I want my tools to get out of the way while I write my code, not try and write it for me

@JBall I think it is time to upgrade my PS CS2 then. There is a rival out their that uses Adobe AIR called Color Browser. It is lightweight and imports/exports ASE formats for Adobe products. I don't have the URL any longer though... :(

I'm sticking with CS3. At this point, the only real feature that I use regularly is the link updater funtion that it does. You know, when you move files it automatically updates all the links. I've come to rely pretty heavely on that. Other than that, I really don't use any of it's features. For the most part, I'm to scarred to ever hand over any real controll to it.