border around flv embedded video

halfdouble

I'm trying to add a 10px border around this flv video. it works fine horizontally, but only in firefox, and on the vertical sides there is unnecessary space. This is the page: http://www.halfdouble.com/?p=147 and this is the code i figured i should use:

#player1 {
   border: 10px solid #000;
}

Btw if you set the padding: 0px; it gets to show ok on firefox but not IE. Haven't tested in other browsers yet.

I might be doing smth really stupid since im new to css and i basically treated the flv as an image.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by halfdouble

First of all validate your code: I saw some incorrectly used characters in the HTML which could break your layout.

As for giving #player some border - I'm not sure it will be displayed at all because you write:

display:none is inline style which overwrite everything you write before in your CSS.

So to give border to the movie you can use extra div with the border you want. Try it and see if it works.

Yeah my web developer plugin for firefox gives me one warning only in that page. I was wondering how to fix that. Any clue? Also in which file do I have display:none? This is wordpress 2.7.1 btw.

Thanks again.

Edited by halfdouble

if it is WP plugin to embed .flv, look into documentation around it - description and how to's.

Also in which file do I have display:none?

There should be folder called "plugins". But before you make any changes, look into documentation first.

If you still cant find solution, we will look further.

May be it would be worth to try another plugin for .flv embed which would give you result you need.

Edited by lm