Position of input box in IE

halfdouble

Hi everyone,

If you just look at the bottom of this page both with IE and firefox you will understand my problem. Firefox displays it as I want but not IE. Anyone has a clue why IE behaves like this? Any help will be appreciated.

http://www.halfdouble.com/?p=91

This is my code:

#comments #url, #author, #email { /* the inputs */
   background: #454545;
   border: 1px solid #1d1d1d;
   float: right;
   color: #000;
   padding: 3px;
}

1st and 3rd field aligns properly, 2nd one fails.

Thanks,

Theo

Edited by halfdouble

You had

#comments #url, #author, #email {.......}

when I think it should be

#comments, #url, #author, #email {.......}

where the , is missing between the first and third, so the second would have been ignored; was that the problem? I haven't tested, just guessed.

It's actually ok like that because #comments is the big page where everything is included in, and #url, #email and #author are the input fields. I don't know why it behaved like that but once I made the width of the input fields 50% of the bigger text area below everything seemed to align properly. It's just weird how IE works.

Now I have another slight problem. If you go here: http://www.halfdouble.com you will notice that in the bottom there is tabbed content with 4 tabs. In IE they seem to break somehow and I'm not sure why. Again firefox shows them ok.

If you've solved the first problem, that's OK but it's worth remembering that sometimes you have to repeat the parent div for each part of a style like this:-

#comments #url, #comments #author, #comments #email {.......}

but not always :/

As far as the 4 tabbed content items are concerned, it all looks exactly the same in my IE7 as in Firefox.