FTP access problem in Dreamweaver

Baggy

I have been trying to download a site into DW CS3 but it keeps saying remote host cannot be found. I am using the right ftp address, user name and password. I have tried checking and unchecking the boxes in Remote Info of Site Definition to no avail.

I used Cuteftp to connect and download the site and have imported it into DW but, obviously, need to connect via DW to make any changes.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong please?

Try this, on your site definition page for remote info, uncheck all the boxes - passive FTP, IPv6 etc. If the site still will not connect to the server go to the Server Compatibility button beneath the above mentioned boxes and uncheck Use FTP performance optimization.

I have found the answer. I was given the ftp details as: ftp://ftp.sitename.co.uk, so this was how I entered it in the site definition page. Someone told me DW doesn't like ftp:// before the site address, so I removed it and it connected!

Sorry if I've been dense here, I didn't know that and just typed what I was given - Doh!

Thanks again for the help folks.