New microblogging portal...please critique

beanguy

Hey guys!

Would appreciate if you can give me some honest feedback on the new be ans tok.com microblogging portal.

Especially if you think that the "bean" posting process and the "bean" format is user friendly enough and easy to use.

Thank you.

Alex

Be ans tok.com

For me personally, I don't get into blogging or social networking or whatever due to that I don't really have the time.

Nevertheless, I can give you my first impression....it didn't impress me nor did it grab my interest to look into it further.

The header/logo is okay but could use some visual improvments. It just doesn't appeal to me. Not sure why you would change the home header to a different header for the inside pages.

The blog page doesn't even match your main site. People like consistancy once they land on your site so they don't have to guess where the menu is at or wonder if they are on the same site or not.

Code, although you did use divs for the layout, you didn't use any heading or paragraph tags. Bold tags are out and so you should use .

I could have missed it but I didn't see where you defined a font-family because the font is inconsistant throughout.

I don't think this concept is anything new but keep in mind that I just don't get into that stuff much. However, this doesn't mean that you should stop or move on. It just basically telling you that you still got work to do.

I do like the title/domain and the motto/tag line.

Same as newseed, I'm not into blogging either.

From a visual perspective, I liked the home page with the header, but did not like the menu at the bottom. From then on there was no consistency to your site and very little content. It did not inspire me to start being a bean or spilling any.

Same as newseed, I'm not into blogging either.

From a visual perspective, I liked the home page with the header, but did not like the menu at the bottom. From then on there was no consistency to your site and very little content. It did not inspire me to start being a bean or spilling any.

Sorry, which bottom menu did you mean? The one with Feedback, About, Terms etc.?

Yes, that's the one I meant. Once you get to your other pages, except for the blog itself, you have home and login at the top and all the rest at the bottom.

To keep your site consistent you need to have all your menu in the same place on each page, and your blog should look like the rest of your site with the menu in the same place. The only way to get back to your pages from the blog is by using the browser back button.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again. Thanks for your comments and critiques. It helped us a lot on improving the experience on the website.

Just wanted to let you guys know of the new updates to the user interface and overall feel of the website. Would appreciate your further feedback/comments.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and thanks again for your feedback.

Based on your comments we've made some further changes, mostly to the "bean" format. We would really appreciate if you took a minute to glance at the website once again and let us know what you think.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Thanks again for all your feedback. We've tried to incorporate as much as we could in the re-design of some things.

We've mainly redone the main page, the top bar (you can see all features on it when logged in) and some other minor changes.

Don't hesitate to give us further feedback.

Cheers!

Alex