Windows 7 vs. Vista

administrator

Hi,

I've heard through the grapevine that Windows 7 is nice. In fact, I've heard it is much better than Vista. Some of nerd friends say that Windows 7 is what Vista should have been.

I did not upgrade to Vista after trying it, so I stuck to XP and I also got a Mac - nice!

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have tried Windows 7 yet?

Thanks,

Stefan

I haven't had the chance to look at it either, but most of the reviews have been quite positive. I'm not planning to move from my Mac anytime soon, but I'm sure that the new version of Windows will be an improvement for some people, and may encourage some to upgrade from XP if they decided to skip Vista.

Yea, I use VMWare Fusion with XP installed on my Mac too. It works really well.

BTW, that is the easiest way to test on multiple browsers - use a virtual machine. I actually use VMWare Workstation on the Windows for my software demos and application testing as well.

Stefan

Yea, I use VMWare Fusion with XP installed on my Mac too. It works really well.

BTW, that is the easiest way to test on multiple browsers - use a virtual machine. I actually use VMWare Workstation on the Windows for my software demos and application testing as well.

Stefan

Just read about the User Agent Switcher in Firefox. Would this be a better way to test in multiple browsers? I also notice that Safari offers this also.

Just read about the User Agent Switcher in Firefox. Would this be a better way to test in multiple browsers? I also notice that Safari offers this also.

I think they may be just an approximation of other browsers' code processing, like IE8's compatibility mode emulation of IE7; there's no substitute for the real thing.

Most browser processing is encrypted, so how can other browsers copy it except by approximation?

A User Agent Switcher simply changes the type of browser reported in HTTP requests etc. Doesn't change page rendering at all.

Really getting away from the original post, but could you explain why would you would need or want to do this?