Tapered Shadow?

PicnicTutorials

Draw a rectangle the size you want the tapering gradient to be, duplicate the layer and fill new layer with white for example.

On bottom layer, use gradient tool and fill with grey foreground to transparent background gradient.

Next go to top layer and Com+T or Ctrl+T and expand top layer to hide the majority of the gradient layer.

I hope this is clear? If not let me know

Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try... If you have any free time it would be ever so helpful if you could make a little screencast for me? They're free and nothing to download - all done in the browser. Thanks!

http://www.killersites.com/forums/topic/14/i-think-we-should-make-both-of-these-well-known/

My usual solution to this usually involves creating the shadow by using the rectangular select tool, filling the area with black, and then applying a gassian blur. The tapered part is applied by going to Edit -> Transform -> Skew, and adjusting the shape.

I'll try to do a screencast on this, but I'm crazy busy at the moment and I am not sure when I will get to it.

OK I finally got that to work, thanks for your help!

Now, what's the easiest way to cut out the center section of a graphic image in order to reduce it's width. I don't want to just adjust it's size as that will distort it. Should I use the slicing tool?

Edited by Eric

Guest Cashster09

I looked at this post yesterday and tried it in photoshop but couldnt get the look i was looking for.

I too was looking to do this for a client..

Eric you could do a screencast?

I looked at this post yesterday and tried it in photoshop but couldnt get the look i was looking for.

I too was looking to do this for a client..

Eric you could do a screencast?

Sure! But I didn't do the screencast. A very nice girl over at Sitepoint did. But here it is just he same...

http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stUk9RQkZIR11dQ1leU1JfUl5W/fading_bottom_gradient

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...