Using Wordpress To Create Lots Of Feature Website

madmhan84

In general, I'd say 'yes' - but Killersites is very complex. There is this forum, the university, the tutorial sites. Parts of it are actually done in Wordpress.

What features precisely are you referring to?

In general, I'd say 'yes' - but Killersites is very complex. There is this forum, the university, the tutorial sites. Parts of it are actually done in Wordpress.

What features precisely are you referring to?

Hi, thanks for replying! :)

I mean I want my website to be like killersites.com that offers a lot (forum, blog, video store, university, library, webhosting, training)

There are lot of questions popping into my mind about an online Business like:

1.) Do I need a webhosting company if I used wordpress to create my website? Because I've read some articles that if I used wordpress.com to host my blog/website I can't add a google adsense on it to earn?

The self-hosted solution for WordPress Blogs is far more flexible, than the one which is offered by WordPress and others. But not only the plus of flexibility and the freedom of choice in case of designing your blog are great pros for the solution based on self-hosting. With this solution you also have the chance to earn some money. It is not allowed to advertise for your own revenue on free blogs, but with your own WordPress Blog you can benefit from Google’s Adsense, Yahoo’s advertising and also from affiliate programs.

Reference: http://thebuckmaker.com/do-i-need-a-web-hosting-plan-for-my-own-wordpress-blog/

2.) How and where will I start if I'm going to use this for business like:

•  
  • creating a paypal account
  • register a domain name
  • pay for my webhosting

Thanks again!

Edited by madmhan84

Start at wordpress.org all the info you are looking for. You will need at least a basic understanding of PHP. Learn what a child theme is and make one. Do not use Godaddy for hosting. Install one plugin at a time then go through site and make sure it still works. Some plugins do not play well with others.

Start at wordpress.org all the info you are looking for. You will need at least a basic understanding of PHP. Learn what a child theme is and make one. Do not use Godaddy for hosting. Install one plugin at a time then go through site and make sure it still works. Some plugins do not play well with others.

Thanks for replying :)

Is it worth it to use Wordpress.org than the Free Site Builder provided by the web host that I've choose?

Thanks again!

I do not know, never used them. I just have a web host, mine is Hostgator but I here Ipage is very good also. Again do not use Godday for word press. I just download word press and install it on my web host. First you have to make a database on your hosting server. Then follow the instructions to install your wordpress site.

I will be happy to walk you through this. It is simple once you do it once. You can get my email in my profile. I am on my computer most every day. If you do not have Skype download it or we can use gmail so we can chat as I help you upload word press to your server. If you go with that method.

Edited by grabenair

I do not know, never used them. I just have a web host, mine is Hostgator but I here Ipage is very good also. Again do not use Godday for word press. I just download word press and install it on my web host. First you have to make a database on your hosting server. Then follow the instructions to install your wordpress site.

I will be happy to walk you through this. It is simple once you do it once. You can get my email in my profile. I am on my computer most every day. If you do not have Skype download it or we can use gmail so we can chat as I help you upload word press to your server. If you go with that method.

Thank you very much for helping me, you are a great help to a first timer like me :D

I will absolutely contact you if I'm going to start my website, from now I'm just applying for my debit card and still researching :P

By the way, Can I use wordpress.org / freesite builder for the mean time until I made my own website?

Again thanks! B)

Edited by madmhan84

I do not know never used it. But you could go and download wamp or mamp. They are a server for your computer, I use mamp. Wamp has had problems on windows 7 do not know if they have fixed it yet. I now do all my work on a mac book pro as I do not hace a pc anymore. I do check my work on my wife's laptop although because sometimes there are problems you have to fix between mac and windows.

But anyway back to topic. Wamp is a what is called a local server. You download it then you can install WordPress on you pc or mac. You will also need it if you do not use WordPress and just have a site that has php files. How it works is after you download Wamp you install WordPress, or make your root folder in the htdocs folder for a none WordPress site. I make a shortcut on my desktop for easy access. Oops backup before you install WordPress you have to make a database using phpmyadmin.

This way you can experiment with WordPress without going live.

I do not know never used it. But you could go and download wamp or mamp. They are a server for your computer, I use mamp. Wamp has had problems on windows 7 do not know if they have fixed it yet. I now do all my work on a mac book pro as I do not hace a pc anymore. I do check my work on my wife's laptop although because sometimes there are problems you have to fix between mac and windows.

But anyway back to topic. Wamp is a what is called a local server. You download it then you can install WordPress on you pc or mac. You will also need it if you do not use WordPress and just have a site that has php files. How it works is after you download Wamp you install WordPress, or make your root folder in the htdocs folder for a none WordPress site. I make a shortcut on my desktop for easy access. Oops backup before you install WordPress you have to make a database using phpmyadmin.

This way you can experiment with WordPress without going live.

Thanks again for your time replying on this! :D

I'm a bit familiar with WAMP because when I study about PHP basics I used WAMP :P

But for the WordPress this will be my first time :bash:

I've already received my Debit Card lately, the thing I'm thinking about now is my domain name :( , I'm confused in choosing my own domain name, hope you could give me some idea of it.. thanks again B)