Template Errors

ecorrado

I purchased a template from template monster. I made changes to the template but have been having problems with a few items. I called template monster and they said I had many errors on the web page. But they wouldn't tell me what they were only that I should redo the page.

Can you guys take a look at the one page and let me know where I am going wrong.

www.YourDataPhd.com

Thanks

BTW I am using Dreamweaver 8. Is there a way in Dreamweaver to find or see errors on a webpage.

No Doctype, Table based layout, Spacer gif's, all so 90-ish.

The page 'looks' good, but not exactly 'current' design techniques. Using Firefox Firebug extension, there are no 'errors', but lots of warnings.

What sort of issues are you having?

Most of the members here would suggest you develop the page in a Div-based/CSS layout with a correct Doctype to work cross-browser, which is a major change for this site. It would look as good, work better on most Browsers and save bandwidth if done properly.

It's just very hard to make changes with widths. Length of tables.

Is there a fast way of converting my page to a more current layout or do I have to do it from scratch.

I thought when I purchased this from Templatemonter.com That they would be using the most resent web coding. I guess not.

Any suggestions to get this done faster than redoing it?

Difficult to convert directly from a Table to a css layout.

I have always found it easier to start over with a fresh page.

Browse through other Template sites. Many of them are free/open source and allow modifications.

That design shouldn't be difficult to find a replacement for.

actually your layout is quite easy to re-code to tableless layout. It has Flash header and 2 columns with little graphics. If you have difficulties with positioning, look for 2 column CSS template and add graphics from this Monster template to it.