critique my layout please

Guest $ensual

Guest $ensual

Hello Designers, I came up with a layout for a client of mine, but wanted to put it passed you guys first for some constructive criticism. This is only a jpeg of the design, I figured I'd throw a screenshot sorta first before getting to far into it. My concern is regarding layout, color scheme, and all other graphics that were created for this design. Thanks TONS for your help!!!

www clanremitrom .com/advice.html

Thanks again Designers,

Jason

Pretty nice. The only things I see is that the footer and the main body do not seem to have the same width. In other words, the footer text (far left and far right) do not line up with the header left/right edge. The other is that there is still too much white space.

Guest $ensual

Thanks for your response and I will look into making those changes but I was really hoping for more feedback on this one guys. Any other ideas at all on improving this would be greatly appreciated. :D

Thanks again

Jason

I agree about the white space - there's a bit too much of it. I'd also go with a darker blue tone for the text, and I find giving the body background a different color than the actual content background creates a more 'finished' look.

And when you code your site, be sure to use the correct doctype (4.01 Strict), and validate, validate, validate........... (and no tables, either)

Guest $ensual

Thanks again Thelma and Newseed for your direction. I have made the changes that you recommended...quite drastically I might add. I hope it's a turn toward the better. Please let me know if this is what you had in mind or if there are any other changes that should be implented. Thanks again. :D

Jason

Better. Not fond of the page curl at the lower right. It looks like you should be able to click to open a page. If this is not your intent then you will need to either remove it or just give a slight curl much like a paper curl after it's been lifted up a few times.

The plus side is you are creating your mockup first before coding it. Looking forward to seeing your code work.

Guest $ensual
Better. Not fond of the page curl at the lower right. It looks like you should be able to click to open a page. If this is not your intent then you will need to either remove it or just give a slight curl much like a paper curl after it's been lifted up a few times.

The plus side is you are creating your mockup first before coding it. Looking forward to seeing your code work.

The curl is gone Newseed. :)

Guest $ensual
Very nice, I like it. Just the blue shadow around the content is a little bright in the middle part.

I turned that down a bit Virtual. Is that better? :)

Guest $ensual
Some of the text looks very condensed or the letters look like they are cammed too close together.

Hmm...All of the body text is at default spacing according to Photoshop anyways. Once I "Dreamweaver" it, it may look a lil different however.

Anyone else see that text being crammed?

Thank you for pointing that out.

Edited by $ensual