Php Shopping Cart, Oop, Mvc Toturial

mrtezmo

I have followed the PHP Shopping Cart with OOP and MVC video tutorials and am up to the stage of integrating it with paypal. Before doing this I decided to test the site in all browsers as I have made some additions to the code, mainly adding extra pages, such as contact and about, and altering style to fit the site the cart is going into. Everything is fine in Chrome and Firefox yet the cart does not work in IE9. All the links and content display yet the add to cart buttons do not add to cart. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or knows a possible reason to why this is happening.

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas on the cause of this.

That shouldn't be happening... the add to cart functionality is done using PHP -- not something that should be effected by the choice of browser. Do you have the site online anywhere? You can also zip up the code/dump of the database, and I can look at it for you (email to ben [at] killersites.com) but I'm super busy right now and probably won't have the chance to look at it until the end of the week/the weekend.

Hi Ben

Thanks for the reply, the site is not online unfortunately, I am using xampp. I am going to try the cart at college tomorrow in an attempt to rule out the possibility of any browser settings causing this problem, and also seek the advice of friends/tutors. If this does not produce a solution I will send you a zip of the site and dump of database, however I will try to solve this before sending the e-mail as I don't want to give you even more to do, especially at the weekend. I will let you know if I do manage to find the cause,

Thanks very much

Terrence

The problem was being caused by IE security settings being set to high, I never experienced that problem before, but then I only use IE for testing.

Terrence

Edited by terrence