HELP WITH WAMP

jbwebdesign

Hello, i'm not sure what section this would belong in but since it's related to php i figured i would just post it here.

I am having some really annoying problems with Wamp Server and I was wondering if anyone knows how to turn off the Notice's

I recently bought a new computer and Decided to download the new version of wamp, So i did.

Now I don't get errors on any of my scripts but I do get really annoying Notices such as the following:

Notice: Undefined index: program in C:\wamp\www\txt_mon\program\statement2.php on line 36

I was told it can be fixed by editing the php.ini

but I have no clue what to change in the php.ini or how to edit it.

if anyone knows about this kind of thing, please give me a suggestion.

Thanks

First thing is to run a phpinfo() and use that output to find the correct .ini file.

phpinfo();
?> 

It will be listed in the phpinfo output, near the top.

Then, check the php.ini file for two things:

1.) Set the value to error_reporting = E_ALL during development but after production set the value to error_reporting = E_NONE . *edit* line 241 in my php.ini

2.) Set the value of display_errors to On. Even if you set error_reporting = E_ALL you will not get any error message ( no matter how buggy our script is ) unless display_errors is set to On.*edit* line 248 in my php.ini

Edited by jlhaslip

• 4 months later...

hello sir

recently i installed wamp server . it worked fine for a week and then it stoped .

it was gettin timed out.i checked with port 80 it was fine httpd was runnning .

but wen browser did not respond until now . please help as soon as possible.and apache is gettin stopped wen i try to run local host from browser.

hello sir

recently i installed wamp server . it worked fine for a week and then it stoped .

it was gettin timed out.i checked with port 80 it was fine httpd was runnning .

but wen browser did not respond until now . please help as soon as possible.and apache is gettin stopped wen i try to run local host from browser.

I would start by de-installing and then reinstalling WAMP. Then follow up here if you are still having issues.