Length of frames

ecorrado

I am using templates from template monster. I am using Dreamweaver 8. My problem is the length of some of the frames. They seem to be set to a certain length and can not be reduced.

1. Can I in Dreamweaver set it up so it is easy to see and select each frame layer?

2. Can I change the length so that the frame actually changes length?

Sometimes I can do it sometimes I cannot. This is making changes to a web page take forever.

Any suggestions.

Is there a way I can change frames to something else automatically without changing the layout?

Lots of questions.

Thanks in advance.

The length of a frame is controlled by the rows size in the frameset file.

If you load the main template and View Source it should show you the source code for the frameset file which will have something like the following:-

<p>Your browser doesn't support frames</p>

where the frameset rows is the height for the frames inside.

Is there a way I can change frames to something else automatically without changing the layout?

Framesets and frames are a special (and out-dated) method of coding. You would normally have to re-code everything. However, as you have Dreamweaver, which I don't use, you might be able to use the design view but even that is not recommended by others on this board.

Sorry when I looked deeper I found it was not frames. this is the coding for the area I was talking about.

text1.jpg

DrBagAnalysis

YourDataPhd.com performs address accuracy on your data as well as duplication elimination. Your data will be cross analyzed using various proprietary software. Our diagnostic tools have been developed and tweaked over a period of 20 years, with the assistants and collaboration of Canada Post' database engineers.

spacer.gif

read more

spacer.gif

hline1.jpg

spacer.gif

StethescopeTreatment

A database can not be considered healthy unless there are numerous diagnostics and tests run against it. Your database will be put through duplicate elimination, address accuracy, proper upper and lower case conversion, NCOA, CMA suppression, deceased suppression, genderization, and the non forwarded addresses (nixies) will be removed.

Spacer

read more

spacer.gif

hline1.jpg

spacer.gif

ReportsDiagnostic Reports

As well as getting your completed data file you will also receive a report that will breakdown what has been done to your file. You will have the geographic breakdown by province as well as gender breakdown, invalid, duplicate, NCOA, CMA suppression and deceased breakdown quantities.

Spacer

Click here to see a sample

growyourbus.gif

spacer.gif

Prescription:

Accurate Data = Profits

Your business will not grow if you are constantly alienating your prospects and clients with their incorrect data. YourDataPhd.com offers a complete range of data cleansing and data management services, including Address Correction and Standardization, Canadian Letter Carrier Presort (LCP), National Change of Address (NCOA), Canadian Marketing Association (CMA) Suppression, Deceased Suppression, Merging and Purging of Duplicate Records, Variable Laser Imaging pdf?s, Proper Upper and Lower Case Conversion, Address and Name Splitting as well as Genderization.

If you have unique data requirement, YourDataPhd.com can customize a solution to your individual needs.

Never alienate your prospects and clients again!

spacer.gif

Want more information? Click here

13.jpg

bar

HEIGHT=100% ALT="">

Security

Your Data Security is incredibly important to us.

That's why we recommend PGP Encryption:

spacer.gif

World class security

spacer.gif

Create software keys

spacer.gif

Simple to deploy

pasd

Want more Information? Click here

If you are using a template there are some regions which are editable and other that are not.

To make changes to the locked regions of a template you must detach the document from the template. You can find instructions on how to do this in DW help.