Horizontal Parallax Website Designing

nK0de

Hello everyone. A fairly new guy to web developing with a mediocre amount of knowledge and experience here. :)

I've been researching on parallax effect for the past few days. I came across this tutorial.

I'm trying to implement the horizontal version of its demo. I have no idea where to start. Did a quite a lot of searching on the internet. There are lots of tutorials on how to create vertical parallax scrolling but next to nothing on horizontal. Went over to stellar.js docs but I'm afraid its not too beginner friendly.

Can anybody please tell me a basic structure and what should I do to (sorta like a crash course) on how to do this? Or direct me to a tutorial that I must have missed?

By the way, I'm not talking about moving elements slightly when the mouse moves horizontally. I mean whole sections sliding horizontally. This site is a great example of what I'm tryna do here.

Thanks very much. :)

Already tried that. I even downloaded all the pages and tried going through them but its overwhelming. I keep losing track among hundreds of HTML lines and id and class names. I was looking for something more simple. Enough to get a clear cut idea of the basic concept.

Already tried that. I even downloaded all the pages and tried going through them but its overwhelming. I keep losing track among hundreds of HTML lines and id and class names. I was looking for something more simple. Enough to get a clear cut idea of the basic concept.

If you are overwhelmed by this then it's best to start with the basic and thats learning HTML and CSS and how they work or function. Once you get comfortable with that then working on a parallax design would not be so overwhelming. Parallax is not something for a newbie.

Also, I don't know what editor you are using but you might want to use an editor that defines color type for each code then it will be a bit easier to read. I use Expression Web 4 and I believe Dreamweaver does this to. There might be some free html editors that does the same thing.