Oop Shopping Cart Php Tutorial

kcmastrpc

I'm enjoying the tutorials so far, they've given me a much better understanding of OOP code than I had before. I've written a pretty wide array of software using PHP such as image galleries, blogs, forums, comment engines, ticket systems, etc. and I'm kicking myself for not learning this stuff sooner.

Anyways, in Video 12 I noticed on line 88 of m_categories.php that the strtolower function was being called on a string that's never going to change. eg: if ($active == strtolower('home')).

Since $active is a variable that's being passed into the method by the controller, I assumed that strtolower should be called on that instead (since that variable could possibly get a capital letter passed to it).

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

Thanks!

-Kevin C.

Developer / Designer

Ok, great. I just wanted to confirm that I wasn't missing something. I was thrown into the Web Development position at the small company I work for after being hired as a A+ tech. I've only been programming PHP for roughly 9 months and I know the value of another pair of eyes (I'm on my own though, so I get lonely, lol).

I emailed Stefan about this though, and I figured I'd post it here too as well. I can't continue the tutorial due to a problem with a video file. If I have to I can always dig into the completed source (and I don't want to do that). The video titled, "PHP Shopping Cart with OOP, MVC & Paypal - Displaying Products in Shopping Cart: Part 2" is incomplete. At around the 1:20 mark the video stops. The audio track is intact (probably because the audio track is typically stored at the beginning of the file).

Anyways, if you guys can look into that, I'd be very grateful.

-K