My Site

Ultrakd

Firstly, we usually don't critique sites unless the code validates. Nevertheless, right from the start, the first impression does not imply that it's a lizard site other than the name. The color grey just does not do justice for this particular theme. The header title is too big too.

I dont understand how to use it. I get that you put your adress in there but I dont know what the errors are. Does this make sense?

This tells me you don't know html/css well if any at all. We suggest you take Stef's tutorials for website design for beginners along with a whole list of other tutorials: Where Can I Learn Web Design?

Once you get a fairly good understanding of the html/css code then those validation errors will start to make more sense.

Edited by newseed

Don't just rely on the Dreamweaver validator. It's helpful, but doesn't catch everything. Use it AND the W3S validator - or get Firefox and the Webdeveloper toolbar and use that validator that comes with it, that's easiest.

As to your website - for starters, it's the wrong doctype - go with HTML Strict. Tables are not meant to be used for layouts - use an external stylesheet for the layout and design.

And to comment on the look - the site is very boring. Just gray with a huge banner and an albino gecko - doesn't even look like a 'design', nothing that pulls the look together.

Im sorry I dont understand them and seem like and Idot. Im only 14 and have only taken one course on Web Design and HTML coding. CSS Im slowly learning. I see where it is talking about I just dont know what I am supposed to change.

You are not an idiot. You just have lots to learn is all. Many forum regulars here tend to tell it like it is and that our goal is not to make people fell hurt or stupid but instead push them to do better.

So when you ask questions or opinions, you are going to get constructive criticisms. In other words, we are not going to lie to spare anyone from being hurt or insulted. As my wife would say, "The truth hurts but at least it's the truth. Can't imagine why anyone would want to believe a lie."

You are not an idiot. You just have lots to learn is all. Many forum regulars here tend to tell it like it is and that our goal is not to make people fell hurt or stupid but instead push them to do better.

So when you ask questions or opinions, you are going to get constructive criticisms. In other words, we are not going to lie to spare anyone from being hurt or insulted. As my wife would say, "The truth hurts but at least it's the truth. Can't imagine why anyone would want to believe a lie."

Once I started to think about it and realized this is what I asked for and wanted. I appreciate it. What do you think I should do to tie it together?

I would change the header, make your G2 logo image smaller and put it to the side, put a stunning image of a gecko, preferably not albino, something with colour into the header and use the colour scheme of the gecko to tie in with the grey and white of the body. Make the Gecko Geeks into an

tag in the html file and place it underneath the G2 logo in the header. For the moment all your title information is contained in an image, people with images disabled will not see any information about you.

You can browse through colour schemes at kuler dot adobe dot com and you can browse through web designs at getfreewebdesigns dot com to give you some inspiration for your logo and header.

It is great to start young, you will learn a lot and quickly, don't get disheartened by constructive criticism and bear in mind that everyone's taste is different. Good luck.