Good Friday

jlhaslip

... like there is a bad one... :lol:

Is Good Friday a Holiday where you are?

It is a Statutory holiday here in the Province of British Columbia, Canada where I am.

Wondering if that is why the Forum seems slow today?

Edited by jlhaslip

Not in Alaska, and I doubt any states really.

I think Bayern (Bavaria, Germany) still has it as a Holiday, but the godless Prussians around Berlin and Brandenburg never did. Damn Bavarians always had more holidays than us.

Unless it changed, it's a holiday in Baden Wuerttemberg. And Easter Monday is a holiday there too - in all of Germany as far as I know.

The next "religious" holiday coming up here (in San Antonio) is Fiesta later this month. And even that is only a holiday for some companies (not mine).

In the States, 'holiday' means different things to different people. July 4th for example, is a holiday for most, but even then stores are open. Then there are those 'holidays' when just the post office and government workers are off - sometimes banks and / or schools, too. It's complicated. To my, ANY day I'm off is a holiday :D

I had March 30th off to celebrate "Seward's Folly". That was what they called it when Secretary of State Seward negotiated the purchase of the Alaskan Territory from Russia in 1868 for a whopping $7.2 million (19 cents an acre). It was seen as a poorly thought out purchase. *snicker*

But stores were open and schools on. Only state workers got the day off.

Good Friday is a holiday in the UK and of course the weather was rainy, windy and dull.

Last week was sunny and hot and I went out on my mountain bike over the hills on farm tracks and footpaths, but the TV last night showed empty beaches on the South Coast as holidaymakers stayed indoors.

However, the UK holiday resorts have had more visitors this year because of the fall in the ? against the Euro and Dollar, but they had to find indoor entertainment yesterday.

I'm off! It's been slow around here for a while now. I would like to see some more action around here (e.g. harder questions). I understand why, it's KS's niche (i.e. beginners), but still...

Beginners come with buses in groups over here so apparently now there is a break in their schedule :D

Sharp you pencils and so on, and just wait.

Good to see you got enough coding baggage to get bored in the beginners forums :D

Good Friday is a holiday in the UK and of course the weather was rainy, windy and dull.

Sorry you're at the wrong end of Britain !

Here in the North of Scotland the weather has been glorious all weekend. I was even weeding this morning in my shorts ! (Not a pretty sight):D