Jump to content
StudioWeb Forums

alabamasooner

Member
  • Content Count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About alabamasooner

  • Rank
    New member
  1. Guys: Looks like I figured it out. And it might be a lesson-learned for others. I typed my text into a word document. Then I copied and pasted the text into my code. The product code that resulted did not show any changes in code. Simply reflected the text. Even in Dreamweaver and the Adobe Browser, the text looked okay. However, something in that paste into the code changed something in the background that I cannot put my finger on. To correct it, I took out the text from the html page and placed it back in the word document. With the word document and Dreamweaver opening
  2. I'm a newbie so I will not be savvy to the web designer lingo. I simply am trying to build my website using Dreamweaver CS6 templates that I have copied as webpages, so their code is embedded. All of my pages are working fine on 2 of the templates. However, a page using a third template keeps rendering incorrectly on XAMPP. See the attached screen shot. I'm getting these crazy foreign characters in my English text for apostrophes and periods when its rendered for testing on XAMPP. It looks fine on Dreamweaver CS6, including their Adobe Browser Lab. I have looked repeatedly at the
  3. THANKS benjaminmorgan!!! It is absolutely remarkable how much the eye overlooks when you are editing your own work. Why I did not catch that, I do not know. Hope I don't have to call on you guys again. Appreciate your patience. Regards Steve (AlabamaSooner)
  4. I even tried changing the values from % to pixels. Still no change. Page stays at 100%. Here is my current code for index.html: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//w3c//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <title>Web Design - tutorials: Home</title> <META NAME="description" content="Learn webdesign."> <META NAME="keywords" content="web design, web designers, creating a website"> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> <link href="root.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
  5. I thought of that. Changed the code on the index.html file and the others from ROOT.css to root.css which is the same title of my file. Still having the same problem.
  6. I'm studying the CSS code now. The tutorial was straightforward. Simply create a root.css file with the style descriptions. Stefan started by simply changing the width to 80%. He did it by creating a root.css file that said "p {width=80%;}". I created a similar root.css file and placed it within my root directory. My root directory folder is entitled "BlueFishTraining". This has my cssTutorial and image folders as well as other html files, including the index.html. My lead code in my index.html files says: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//w3c//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
  7. I made the change Ben suggested to my Bluefish created file AND IT WORKED!!! Thanks, Ben (and Andrea too for taking time to assist and comment!) I can now finish the tutorial.
  8. I tried Bluefish with the same results. As long as all of the files, including the css.html file, were standalone but inside the BlueFishTraining folder I created (NOT on desktop this time), I was able to easily switch back and forth on the created web pages. However, as soon as I created a cssTutorial folder within the BlueFishTraining folder and inserted the css.html file inside the new directory, the Firefox Browser was unable to locate the file. In the situation where the browser could NOT locate the css.html file, the address on the error page said "C:/User/Steve/BlueFishTraining/c
  9. This has me a bit concerned about the placement of my directories once I start using Dreamweaver CS6, instead of Notepad or Bluefish. Would it be a good move to use Bluefish, instead of Notepad to do the exercise? Maybe Bluefish prepared code would somehow correct something I'm doing wrong (but cannot see) using Notepad for the code. Regards Steve
  10. I modified only the css.html file that is inserted within the folder cssTutorial. That folder is on my desktop. The index.html (or home page html), products.html, and tables.html are stand alone files outside of the cssTutorial folder and are also on my desktop. I changed only the css.html file within the cssTutorial folder per your recommended change. The browser again looked for it as a standalone file like the others. It did not recognize the cssTutorial folder sitting on my desktop beside the other files. The other sister html files use the same code which is: <li>&
  11. I bought the Beginner's Web Design Videos. Very good because they give a newbie like me an idea of the lingo and give me some comfort toward developing my own web design using Dreamweaver CS6. I tried the CS6 videos but they are challenging for a newbie. So, thanks, Stefan. I'm following your lessons and doing the design code step by step. Got a simple web design to work on multiple pages. They easily clicked back and forth as long as each html page was on my desktop. However, though I followed the directions closely, creating a cssTutorial folder on my desktop in which I inserted th
×
×
  • Create New...