Getting my flash site on google???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Verin

Verin

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

I've put together a website using flash entirely. I've been researching how to get my site on google and i've been finding that flash sites are much harder to get noticed. does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

#2 LSW

LSW

Knight of the Square Cubicle

• Moderators
  • 8,017 posts
  • LocationJuneau AK

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

Make a HTML version. The problem is Search Engines are machines and Flash is visual. Search engines, Blind users or those with poor site, epileptics and mobile phone users... none of them can use Flash. So your really need a HTML version as well hand have that indexed.

Other than that, You have to put the Flash in a HTML page with Meta tags in it. But most indexing of pages is based on Content and header tags in the content... all of which you have burried in a flash movie it can't use.

Thank You, Migwetth, Gunalche’esh, Ha’w'aa, Danke

"Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
 Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
 Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

- Douglas Adams from - The Salmon of Doubt (2002)

#3 Verin

Verin

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

So when you say make a HTML version do you mean design an entirely new site separate from the flash site I have now?

#4 Eddie

Eddie

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:53 AM

YEP!

#5 LSW

LSW

Knight of the Square Cubicle

• Moderators
  • 8,017 posts
  • LocationJuneau AK

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:08 PM

Exactly... That is why Flash sucks for web design... double the work. best is to have a HTML site with Flash elements so the content is still accessible. You can use a database and have the HTML & the Flash site draw from it so both sites have the same content.

Thank You, Migwetth, Gunalche’esh, Ha’w'aa, Danke

"Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
 Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
 Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

- Douglas Adams from - The Salmon of Doubt (2002)

#6 eric200678

eric200678

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:08 PM

I write flash and still have google seeing it just fine it can see my urls and my text. may i ask how you are saving your files?

#7 PicnicTutorials

PicnicTutorials

Eric

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

You could do as I did with my flash...

Edited by Eric, 04 August 2009 - 06:13 PM.

#8 lm

lm

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:07 AM

Depends also on how you embed Flash. Using SWFobject embed method allows to have altenative content which is accessible for search engines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users