Photo

OpenSource: An Alternate Choice For You?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie

Eddie

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:57 PM

I found this article today with a good list of alternate open source software for those that can't afford the commerical software. It's a good list but not entirely the most accurate. Just read the comments at the end.

OpenSouce Alternatives

Archive link to discussion.

Edited by newseed, 19 December 2008 - 04:58 PM.

#2 LSW

LSW

Knight of the Square Cubicle

• Moderators
  • 8,017 posts
  • LocationJuneau AK

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:02 PM

:cool:

Thank You, Migwetth, Gunalche’esh, Ha’w'aa, Danke

"Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
 Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
 Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

- Douglas Adams from - The Salmon of Doubt (2002)

#3 DanExcel

DanExcel

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:51 AM

I spent three hours trying to get LAMP installed on Ubuntu 11.04 and I'm not exactly new to Linux. I really like using Ubuntu, it's faster than Window on my system, and not too far behind with my Macbook. However, I should not be spending that much time installing software. On Windows it's a one or two click deal with WAMP. With that being stated, that list seems very subjective...

BTW: you cannot compare Gimp to PhotoShop

#4 Graphic Design

Graphic Design

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:26 AM

I have just read your comments and the list of open source. I have learned a lot from your site.Thanks for sharing.

#5 SteveByross

SteveByross

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

Thanks for sharing such useful alternative of open source..
Web Design and Developer
Infobizzs.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users