Has anyone tried the Complete Web Designer / Programmer DVD's ?

WebDesignMike

Hey, my name is Mike and I am brand new to this forum, just signed up.

I have had my eye on the Complete Web Designer & Complete Web Programmer DVD's for a few weeks now. I recently graduated college with a degree in IT - Web Development and Design, which gave me a good foundation to build upon, but there is still a huge gap between where I am now and where I need to be - even for many entry level positions that I have came across/applied for.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these DVD's, where they really worth the money, full of good real-life web design/programming skills that i need to learn? If I get both the complete web designer & programmer DVD's thats $200.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, like I said im brand new here. And I plan on sticking around for a while :D

Thanks a lot!

Mike

Hello Mike ,

Well i am not going to say much about the DVDs but i am pretty u sure if you buy the DVDs you are not wasting your money and you will not blame your self as well. what you are going to learn from the DVDs are complete skills you need to develop as a web developer and the teaching is just simple to understand and good examples you really need in real world development environment . the videos helped me to learn very fast and believe me i am doing really good in php . you are not wasting your money for any reason.

You might want to compare the DVDs with the videos available in the University: http://www.killersites.com/university/ - I don't know if what's on the DVDs is also in the University, but if it is, a subscription might give you even more than just the DVDs. Here is what's available in the University: http://www.killersites.com/university/comparison.php

IF you don't mind me asking, how far or how deep did your education get in web development / design? I'm curious, spoke to a telemarketer once that was trying to convince me to join a program. What shocked me was the fact that most of the classes were geared towards business and only four classes were based on Web Development. The degree you eventually earned is for web design/development. I wanted to know how and why you were only given four classes and no one was able to answer my question.

I wanted to know how and why you were only given four classes and no one was able to answer my question.

Because they are/were a scam school. More and more information is coming to light, that many higher education institutions, do nothing but rip off students - it's pretty deplorable. In fact, several big name schools are being investigated by authorities for various crimes related to misrepresentations.

On top of that, many of the schools have lousy programs, teachers and produce crappy students - who then find themselves under a mountain of debt. I am not saying all schools and teachers are bad, far from it, but too many are.

... I am not surprised to hear about there being a web development degree that includes only four classes on web development - filler classes in ALL degrees are common, but this is crazy!!

But that's OK because you got killersites!

:)

Stefan

I earned an associates degree in IT - Web Development & Design, and I would say 60% of my classes were geared toward IT, I took classes on html & css, dreamweaver, photoshop, flash, JavaScript & php, visual basic, career skills for IT professionals, etc. the other 40% were things like economics, oral/interpersonal communication. This was a technical diploma so it was more practical, i believe, than getting a bachelors degree.

• 1 month later...

I had a quick question on this too - I've just completed "Web Design 1" (A beginner's course), and I'm now considering buying "The Complete Web Designer" and "The Complete Web Programmer" courses.

My question is this - would people recommend going through "The Complete Web Designer" before moving onto "The Complete Web Programmer", or do lots of people just plump straight for the "Complete Web Programer" course? (bearing in mind that I have only completed "Web Design 1" so far, and so only have basic skills in HTML and CSS, though ultimately I aspire to be a web programmer).

I realise that if I did both courses there would be an overlap in some modules, however my hunch was that by doing the complete web designer course first I would get a more in-depth grounding in things like CSS, which might help before tackling the more technical web programmer modules.

Many thanks in advance for any pointers people can offer.

I had a quick question on this too - I've just completed "Web Design 1" (A beginner's course), and I'm now considering buying "The Complete Web Designer" and "The Complete Web Programmer" courses.

My question is this - would people recommend going through "The Complete Web Designer" before moving onto "The Complete Web Programmer", or do lots of people just plump straight for the "Complete Web Programer" course? (bearing in mind that I have only completed "Web Design 1" so far, and so only have basic skills in HTML and CSS, though ultimately I aspire to be a web programmer).

I realise that if I did both courses there would be an overlap in some modules, however my hunch was that by doing the complete web designer course first I would get a more in-depth grounding in things like CSS, which might help before tackling the more technical web programmer modules.

Many thanks in advance for any pointers people can offer.

Hi,

You are right, The Complete Web Designer course goes into a lot more detail regarding CSS, HTML and general web design. You ought to do that course first and then continue with the Complete Web Programmer. The link:

http://www.killervideostore.com/video-courses/complete-web-designer.php

Stefan