php & w3c validation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HistoryKat

HistoryKat

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

I am very new to this, so sorry if its a silly question. I have a php page with nothing but php for validating and sending email. I have included the actual html with a php include. I thought it was best to leave out all the html on a page that is just php. I am getting 3 errors when I try to validate the page:

end of document in prolog [XHTML 1.0 Transitional]
DOCTYPE Override in effect! [XHTML 1.0 Transitional]
No Character encoding declared at document level [XHTML 1.0 Transitional]

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

#2 Ben

Ben

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 5,553 posts
  • LocationChico, CA

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

I think you'll need to post the page and include code, or provide a link so we can take a look.
Benjamin Falk
Falken Creative : Twitter

#3 LSW

LSW

Knight of the Square Cubicle

• Moderators
  • 8,017 posts
  • LocationJuneau AK

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:00 AM

The code would be nice to see what you have up top. But these have more the ring of warnings and not errors.

Thank You, Migwetth, Gunalche’esh, Ha’w'aa, Danke

"Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
 Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
 Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

- Douglas Adams from - The Salmon of Doubt (2002)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users