animated tracing text

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lkgoldie

lkgoldie

• 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

Hello.
I am trying to find any information and/or tutorials on animated text tracing. What I am after is a moving light that traces my text - not a light burst from behind the text or the flashlight effect that lights up as it's rolled over the text. Just a light that traces over the text. I would like to be able to do this in PS/imageready using motion tween. Any information and/or tutorials would be appreciated. Sorry but I have been unable to find a good examples or tutorials showing how to do this.

#2 LSW

LSW

Knight of the Square Cubicle

• Moderators
  • 8,017 posts
  • LocationJuneau AK

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:47 AM

It saounds more like a job for Flash than anything else. Animations are always much larger than a flash job. You should look into Flash examples and then use a free or cheep flash creation product.

Thank You, Migwetth, Gunalche’esh, Ha’w'aa, Danke

"Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
 Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
 Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

- Douglas Adams from - The Salmon of Doubt (2002)

#3 LSW

LSW

Knight of the Square Cubicle

• Moderators
  • 8,017 posts
  • LocationJuneau AK

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

P.S. to all old timers: Yes, I just suggested Flash and yes it did send a shiver up my spine and a Posted Image of surprise on my face. *snicker*

Thank You, Migwetth, Gunalche’esh, Ha’w'aa, Danke

"Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
 Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
 Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

- Douglas Adams from - The Salmon of Doubt (2002)

#4 lkgoldie

lkgoldie

• 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

It saounds more like a job for Flash than anything else. Animations are always much larger than a flash job. You should look into Flash examples and then use a free or cheep flash creation product.

I do have flash but still would need a tutorial as my knowledge of flash is limited. I have not been able to find a tutorial on how to trace text - flash or any other way.

#5 Elia

Elia

• 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

Here is a tutorial for creating text animations in After Effects. If the thread is still active...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users