css help with centering banner in dreamweaver

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_mitch

Guest_mitch
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

can someone offer some help on how i can get my bannert to center in page. it looks fine on my monitor but when i get on my laptop it looks tiny. I really am new to all the site building but i do enjoy learning. I just need ghelp from someone who has the lnow how. my site is www.springstrutters.com. check it out and tell me how to use it. I am using dreamweaver 8. I also need to know how to build a spry menu in dreamweaver 8. I said this so you wouldn't think I was going to leave the navigation bar like it is. But we will deal with one issue at a time. The most pressing is centering my banner and page. I have attached the home page for anybody who can help. Thanks for your help.

Attached Files

#2 Eddie

Eddie

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

You can add style="text-align: center;" to your <p> tag that is wrapped around the image.

Your biggest problem is not having anything to contain your content.

If you are up to it, hand code this in:

In code view, look for <body>
Add this right after that:

<div style="width: 960px; margin: 0 auto;">

Next, find the closing </body> tag

Add this just before it:

</div>

The above will set your framework/layout to be centered while keeping all your content contained within that <div>.

If you haven't coded before then may I suggest viewing Stef's Killersite's Videos. You will find that hand coding will give you the results you are looking for.

Edited by Eddie, 05 February 2011 - 07:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users