The new 'community' design

Cad

Since there doesn't seem to be any other place to comment about this forum's design, this seemed the most appropriate topic. Apologies if there is some better place for it!

The new 'community' design' is much harder for me to use than the previous 'forum' design. Specifically, the very large buttons and headers, plus the large 'blank margins' either side, make the content rather 'squished up' on my screen here, and some pages (like the Calendar) don't really work at all, with the big buttons at the top over about three 'lines' and the last/previous months' calendars overlaying the current month's.

Would it be possible to reduce the size of the page margins, sidebar menu, and button controls so that the site would fit properly into my browser 'real estate' here? Because of my eyesight and monitor size, I can't run any more than 1280×1024 pixels, and this new site seems to have been designed for screens much larger than that.

Thanks in advance for any comments from the admins.

PS: Also, the 'shadowed' text in the 'crumb trail' at the top is very difficult to read, and makes my eyes 'swim.'

When I wrote that I was on the Mac using Firefox 3.5.8 now I'm on the PC using "yuk" IE8 and I don't have the scrollbar. In fact the forum looks a lot better in IE than in Firefox, I'm flabbergasted... :blink: I still don't like that big long green sidebar though.

P.S. Why am I categorized as an Advanced Member in the New Members group? Do I need more posts?

When I wrote that I was on the Mac using Firefox 3.5.8 now I'm on the PC using "yuk" IE8 and I don't have the scrollbar. In fact the forum looks a lot better in IE than in Firefox, I'm flabbergasted... :blink: I still don't like that big long green sidebar though.

It may well be stating the obvious, if it is I apologise.

In Firefox if you press Ctrl + "-" or Ctrl + "+" you change the amount that is displayed on the screen

P.S. Why am I categorized as an Advanced Member in the New Members group? Do I need more posts?

We are working on things ... Please remind me about this and we will update your account so it is set properly.

Stefan