Photo

Anybody know of a "Inline CSS - To - External CSS Converter"???

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PicnicTutorials

PicnicTutorials

Eric

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:08 AM

Anybody know of a "Inline CSS - To - External CSS Converter"??? In other words, move inline css to the head section/or external. I believe I already tried html tidy. Thanks! :)

Edited by Eric, 06 January 2009 - 10:23 AM.

#2 JBall

JBall

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationNoblesville, IN, USA

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:26 AM

Dreamweaver CS3 has a function like that...

#3 LSW

LSW

Knight of the Square Cubicle

• Moderators
  • 8,017 posts
  • LocationJuneau AK

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

Other than copy, paste and search? :D

Thank You, Migwetth, Gunalche’esh, Ha’w'aa, Danke

"Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
 Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
 Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

- Douglas Adams from - The Salmon of Doubt (2002)

#4 PicnicTutorials

PicnicTutorials

Eric

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:34 AM

Morning,

Ya, I saw and used that, but it seems to only do one div at a time. I couldn't get it to do the whole page. Can you?

#5 JBall

JBall

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationNoblesville, IN, USA

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

Morning,

Ya, I saw and used that, but it seems to only do one div at a time. I couldn't get it to do the whole page. Can you?

I haven't really used this feature. We played with it in class for about ten seconds as a lab lesson. But, according to this page of Adobe's tutorial you can:

Select multiple rules before moving them
In the CSS Styles panel, Control?click (Windows) or Command-click (Macintosh) the rules you want to select.

#6 PicnicTutorials

PicnicTutorials

Eric

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

Other than copy, paste and search? :D

Yes, other than that. I'm putting together some what of a custom search for my site. The product I decided on has a lot of nice and free features. However, it spits out a lot of dirty inline styles and invalid html. I've found a solution to make the code validate, but not an easy fix for the inline css. Funny, seems to be a lot of external to inline converters, just not the other way around.

#7 PicnicTutorials

PicnicTutorials

Eric

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:49 AM

Morning,

I haven't really used this feature. We played with it in class for about ten seconds as a lab lesson. But, according to this page of Adobe's tutorial you can:

Select multiple rules before moving them
In the CSS Styles panel, Controlclick (Windows) or Command-click (Macintosh) the rules you want to select.

Cool, thanks, I'll give it a try...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users