Wamp Server

youngros

Happy New Year to all. But not so great when I discover this morning that my server has stopped working. Presume a Windows update has done something.

I just get a Firefox can't find the server at www.localhost.com. but why is it looking for www.localhost.com?

It has been running for several years without a problem. Windows7 Home Premium 64bit.

Anyone any ideas on how to fix this please. Thanks in advance.

Have you closed WAMP and restarted? Have you clicked on the icon in the taskbar and ensured that all the services are running correctly? Have you right clicked on the icon and accessed localhost (as opposed to trying to type it in directly -- it should be just "localhost", no "www" or ".com"). Are you running any other programs that might conflict? (Skype? Windows Server?)

Have you closed WAMP and restarted? Have you clicked on the icon in the taskbar and ensured that all the services are running correctly? Have you right clicked on the icon and accessed localhost (as opposed to trying to type it in directly -- it should be just "localhost", no "www" or ".com"). Are you running any other programs that might conflict? (Skype? Windows Server?)

Hi Ben,

thanks for replying

Rebooted everything, done a restart on the services. Click on localhost and it brings it up as www.localhost.com in firefox, which is really odd.

No Skype on this PC and as far as I know the Windows Server isn't active.

Totally at a loss here.

You might follow the advice listed here: http://forum.wampserver.com/read.php?2,37167 (or do a search for "wamp www.localhost.com" and see what others have said about the issue?

I found this is why Firefox redirects to localhost.com http://cdivilly.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/disable-firefox-redirecting-to-localhost-com/ so I have fixed that, an annoying thing as described.

I can get in under 127.0.0.1 so the conclusion is that it is Avast blocking things.

• 2 weeks later...