No replies to this topic

#1 Cory Duchesne

Cory Duchesne

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

Hello,

I just recently bought the vid tutorial on making a shopping cart, hosted by Jon Lebensold.

Early in the Tutorial, Jon advises me to install "eclipse". Well, I have it installed.

Jon says to click File - New - PHP project. I enter the project name (I use "test"), I put it in the workplace folder, but when I click finish, I get an error message.

Here's the error message:

Creation of element failed.

Reason:
Build path contains duplicate entry: *long complicated address that i couldn't copy on my clipboard*

I was just hoping one of you might be able to understand the problem, because I'm not quite clear on what a "build path" is.

PS: Yeah, so I did a google search, and found out that this is a bug others have experienced, and that there is a patch for it. I extracted the patch files into my eclipse folder - - but the bug is still there!

However, I found a way to get around it. After entering my project name, I just click finish, rather than click next. This seems to bypass the bug, but what happens in the future when I need to create a project that demands I click next to tinker with the defaults?

Edited by Cory Duchesne, 30 August 2009 - 08:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users