Restricting further access to website

Guest freespirit111063

Guest freespirit111063

Good morning,

I just want to say that being a newbie, I did spend some considerable time going through the Forum to see if my question had already been asked and answered. :/

All I succeeded in doing was to make myself feel totally inadequate! :(

I have been trying to solve this problem on my own for some time but simply cannot find the answer so I thought I would ask the experts. :P

I wish to stop access to the rest of my site until payment has been made. How do I do this?

You have no idea how grateful I would be if you could help!!! Please remember I never tried to build a site before and have no real knowledge of programming or writing script.

Any help would be very gratefully received!!! :D :D

What do you mean by "the rest of your site"? I assume you mean that some pages on your domain can be viewed, but not others.

You can create a separate directory and move all the secret files into it and set a password. You can do this by code in a .htaccess file or most hosting services have a menu that does this coding for you. CPanel does have a menu like that where you select the directory to be password-protected and set the password.

A simpler way is to rename the directory with all the files to be secret and hope that no one comes across it by accident. So if you had a directory with a new website and it is named website-for-Joe, just rename it temporarily website-for-Joe-temp. Google is unlikely to list it in a search if it's only you who looks at the pages as there won't be enough views to rate it enough to appear in the listings.

Edited by Wickham