This book’s title does not do it justice – it’s also a great book for intermediate web designers (just out of web design diapers) who want to take it a few steps further.
The book revolves around the redesign of a pretty bland looking web site. You are walked through the whole design process:
- sketching out the design/layout ideas.
- interacting with the clients.
- how to choose colors and fonts for the web site.
- designing a logo!
Then you get into the coding (HTML, CSS) aspects of the web design process:
- Why develop with Firefox vs Internet Explorer?
- Basics of CSS and handling specific CSS tasks.
- Dealing with browser compatibility issues.
- Accessibility and usability.
… And a lot more of course.
If you are a web developer or web designer who wants to learn how to put it all together, this book does a pretty good job walking you through the process.